Top Benefits Of Using Indigo Mehendi Powder And Henna Powder As a Natural Hair Dye
What Could Be A Healthier & Natural Alternative To Color Your Hair?
There are many healthy alternatives to synthetic hair dyes. Indigo and Henna in combination with natural hair dye are a great option to go for among those alternatives.
Indigo is a dark blue color dye. It is one of the oldest dyes found in India from an Indigofera family plant well-known for the purpose of the textile and printing industry. These industries use indigo dye for years for coloring. Indigo powder also acts as a natural hair dye. Over the years, people have also discovered synthetic extraction for indigo hair dye. But synthetic hair dye cannot be a healthier alternative when compared to natural indigo hair dye. As natural dye maintains the health of the scalp and hair.
Henna is popularly known for hair care purposes as natural henna hair dye and for body art as Mehendi powder. Henna is extracted from Lawsonia Inermis or Mignonette Tree. Any Indian celebration seems incomplete until women apply temporary henna tattoos commonly known as Mehandi over their palms. Henna is a natural hair dye that works best to treat dandruff, eczema, and other hair-related problems and is considered a part of the cosmetic industry.
Benefits Of Indigo Powder For Hair
- It induces hair growth.
- Acts as a remedy to treat dandruff.
- All-time solution for premature grey hair and gives a beneficiary result.
- Source for beautiful shades of brown when combined with henna.
- Natural hair dye and free from chemicals so won’t harm your skin
Benefits Of Natural Henna For Hair
- Maintains health of scalp and hair
- Make hair thick and a true source of hair nourishment.
- Act as a good conditioner for hair
- Reduces hair fall
- Treat and repair split-ends and damaged hair.
How to Use Indigo Powder With Henna To Color Hair Black?
When it comes to color the hair black using the indigo and natural henna hair color, the following 2 processes are involved:
#1: Applying natural henna powder as hair dye
Take henna powder in a bowl as per your hair length.
Add water to it and mix it well to make the paste. Check the consistency of the paste that is good to apply.
The addition of a few ingredients like coffee water, tea water, or lemon juice can also be made to make the consistency of the paste better.
Leave it overnight for the dye in the henna to release.
Divide your hair into sections and apply the mixture to clean oil-free hair. Keep the mixture applied for one to two hours on hairs.
Rinse off your hair with cold water, and do not apply shampoo or conditioner after it.
#2: Applying indigo powder as hair dye
After using henna, take some indigo powder in a bowl as per your hair length.
Make a paste by adding warm water to it. You can also add salt and cornstarch to make a thick paste.
Apply the mixture prepared on hair and leave it for a minimum of 45 minutes to 2 hours as per your comfort.
Wash your hair with plain water, and don’t use shampoo or conditioner for 1 or 2 days to get the natural effect.
How to Use Henna And Indigo To Color Hair Brown?
When you look for the method to color your hair brown, it requires about half of the processing time than the one needed to color your hair black. Check this one-step procedure involved:
- Take henna powder in a bowl as per your hair length.
- Add water to make the paste smooth and easy for application. A too thick paste can cause trouble in the application.
- Add coffee water, tea water, or a dash of lemon juice to improve the texture and consistency of the paste.
- For extra conditioning, you can even add yogurt or egg.
- Leave the mixture overnight so that henna releases its dye.
- Then add the indigo powder into the henna paste the next morning.
- Apply the mixture prepared on clean and oil-free hair and keep it for about one to two hours.
- Wash your hair with plain water, and do not use shampoo or conditioner after it.
Note– Do not use indigo powder without henna if you want black or brown shades. Indigo powder gives a blue shade without a henna combination.
Is Natural Henna Dye Effective for Chemically Treated Hair?
Henna & Indigo can be used for coloring chemically treated hair. It is safe to use but a minimum wait of one month is required after the chemical treatment. Henna and Indigo are natural hair dye coloring agents that will not affect or damage your hair and gives a natural color to your hair.
Get 100% Natural Hair Dye Colors at Natural Herbals
End your search here if you are looking for a chemical-free hair color solution. We are an established and prominent brand known as the best natural henna supplier for hair and body art in India. You can find a good quality organic hair color at Natural Herbal company, manufacturers of Henna Products. Visit us today to get an organic hair solution for healthy and shiny hair.
You can also find some of our products like Indigo Powder on Amazon.
Also, don’t forget to check out our certified natural henna-based hair dyes